Everyday at Chapel, students say the St. Paul's Community Pledge.
As a member of the St. Paul's community, I pledge to be honest, to respect others, to take responsibility for my actions and words, to be kind and inclusive, and to help others do the same.
These words reinforce the St. Paul's mission and values and help students focus on the day ahead.
- Taking responsibility: Ask your student to clean up messes, dress themself, get their own snack
- Practice fine motor skills: holding a pencil, cutting with scissors, coloring
- Social skills: Talk through concepts like sharing, taking turns, using positive words, expressing big feelings
- Writing practice: Have your student practice writing their name with only the first letter capitalized
- Read to them! Ask them to re-tell the story and keep them engaged with questions throughout the book.
- Summer in the City: Sign up for the Welcome to Kindergarten summer camp to get ready for the classroom!
At St. Paul's, our mission of developing confident learners, ethical leaders, and compassionate, engaged citizens is evident in each classroom, and the work and play that happens here serves each student for much longer than their time at St. Paul's. Mindy Stephenson, St. Paul's Early Childhood Division Head