at the St. Paul's World Class Ping Pong Facilty (the St. Paul's Gym)
Join the St. Paul's community for a fun, casual night of ping pong to support the 2019 Auction Old School, New Spirit! Come ready to play on a team, as a free agent or cheer on your favorite team of parents and faculty members.
First place will play against Mr. Myler in an exhibition match! Awards will also be given to the best team uniform. (outfits/uniforms are encouraged but not required)
This event will replace the annual Gift Gathering Party. Cash or item donations are welcome and appreciated. There will be more opportunities to give at the event or click "Make a Donation" on the Auction website.
2019 St. Paul's Auction: Old School, New Spirit!
Saturday, April 6 at St. Paul's Episcopal Day School
Auction Overview The St. Paul’s Parents’ Guild auction on April 6, 2018 is the school’s largest fundraising event. The money it raises goes directly to the school’s operating budget and benefits our children. The primary goals of the auction are to:
Raise money for the school.
Provide a venue for parents, teachers, administrators and church members to come together and celebrate our school community and the education of our children.
Increase exposure and provide goodwill for our school and church in the community.
Ways to Contribute to the Success of the Auction
There are countless ways you can help make the auction a success – and we need everyone! Through the donation of time, talent and financial support the school encourages contributions from all members of the school community.
In the coming months we’ll be asking for your support. Please consider becoming a sponsor, donating an item to sell in the auction, attending the event with friends, purchasing an advertisement in the catalog, or becoming an event volunteer! If you would like to support St. Paul's in one of these ways, please contact the Development Office, 816-268-6541 or email@example.com.
Navigating the Auction
1. How do I purchase a ticket for the auction? Invitations to the auction will be sent out in February to parents and grandparents. Tickets will then be available online or by sending your reservation card and check made payable to St. Paul’s Parents’ Guild to the Development Office. If you are not a parent or grandparent but would like to receive an invitation, please contact the Development Office at 816-268-6541 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Who will I be seated with at the auction? Tables will be designated by grade level. If you have multiple children you may choose which grade level you would prefer to be seated. St. Paul's alumni and other special guests will be seated together. Sponsors who support the auction at the $10,000+ level will receive a table with tickets for 10 guests.
3. Where is the auction? The auction will be back at St. Paul's Episcopal Day School! The school is located at 4041 Main Street, Kansas City, Mo 64111.
4. How do I find out what items are available at the auction? The online auction catalog describe all of the items for sale at the auction; highlight underwriters and donors; and feature advertisers. Catalogs will be available to view in March for all parents and those who have reserved their tickets. Be sure to peruse the catalog and make your wish list!
5. How does the auction bidding work? The event begins with a silent auction, which you can browse during a cocktail hour. Bids will be submitted electronically using your mobile device. Volunteers will assist you in this process when you check in to the event. When the silent auction closes, we’ll move on to dinner and a live auction. Get ready to bid on fabulous items in a professional auction format.
6. When do I pay for the items I purchased? At the end of the evening you will checkout at the front tables. We will accept cash, credit cards or checks. Unfortunately, auction items cannot be applied to your school account. Once you checkout, you will take your receipt into the Redemption Area to redeem your purchases.
7. What if an item is purchased by a group of bidders? If you participate with a group in bidding on an item, you have two options: (1) Designate one person in your group to settle the full amount and collect payment from others in the group. (2) The purchase may be split evenly among each bidder in your group and applied to each member’s bill at checkout.
8. Are my auction purchases tax deductible? If the purchase price of the goods and services exceeds the fair market value, the difference in value may be considered a charitable contribution for income tax purposes. Your auction reciept will indicate the amount paid above the value of the item. Contact a tax professional for advice.
9. What are sign-up parties? You will see sign-up parties for children and "Auction Parties" for parents and families. These parties are open to anyone who would like to purchase a place at that event. Participants may include parents and/or students from a variety of grade levels. Typically, each grade has at least one sign-up party, which is hosted by a group of parents and is priced per participant. The cost varies depending on the nature of the party. Watch for communication highlighting the sign up parties. Sign-up fast if you are interested, as some of these have sold out!
10. What are the class baskets? Parents in each grade level will collaborate on a basket of items to sell in the silent auction. Past themes for these baskets have included children's books, K.C. Royals, home cooked meals and a night at the movies. Watch for great class baskets again this year.
11. What is fund-a-need? Each year, the school identifies specific needs that will enhance our school community and student experience. Parents, grandparents and auction guests will have the opportunity to contribute a tax-deductible gift toward the overall cost of these needs. 12. How can I support the auction if I am unable to attend? There are a number of ways to support the auction even if you cannot attend the event. You can become a sponsor, purchase raffle tickets, donate tickets to current or retired faculty members or contribute to fund-a-need. Mobile bidding options may be available for those who cannot attend. To participate in one of these ways, contact the Development Office at 816-268-6541 or email@example.com.
For additional information about the 2017 Auction, please contact The Auction Team: Heather Altendorf, Amy Rose, Allie Sifers or contact the Development Office at 816-268-6541 or firstname.lastname@example.org.